Screening at the 11th Iranian Film Festival Australia (IFFA 2023).
"We should start with a correspondence, maybe we will not correspond to one another. Ebrahim can send me a letter this Friday, and I’ll answer him next Friday. So, see you Friday, Robinson!" And so, Jean-Luc Godard stages himself in his daily thought, wisely desperate, and sends images and words from Switzerland to the other side of the Channel.
In his mansion in Sussex, Ebrahim Golestan tries to decode these UFO-messages and skillfully seeks to bring them back to the appearance of reason. And so on, until the day a veil falls over the two Gods on the run. Does the existence of poets still have any meaning in these times of distress?
Festivals & Awards:
• Berlinale | World Premiere (Germany, February 2022)
• CPH:DOX (Denmark, March/April 2022)
• Visions du réel (Switzerland, April 2022)
• BAFICI (Argentina, April 2022)
• Subversive Festival (Croatia, May 2022)
• Athens Avant Garde Film Festival (Greece, June 2022)
• Karlovy Vary IFF (Czech Republic, July 2022)
• FIDMarseille (France, July 2022)
• Telluride Film Festival (United-States, September 2022)