Screening at the 11th Iranian Film Festival Australia (IFFA 2023).
Maman lost all the beautiful things she once had – including her name, her job and her husband – years ago, after the outbreak of the war. Now she works as a cab driver and lives with two of her three sons in a small apartment. In order to proceed with her maternal authority, she keeps her sons apart from each other and of course from a piece of land she owns.
Just when she gets rid of the wife of her youngest son, the other son decides to marry one of his colleagues. And the story develops in two parallel worlds: in the world of the real and the world recreated in a film script the youngest son is writing.
Festivals & Awards:
• Fajr National Film Festival (Feb. 2021, Iran).
Winner Best Actress Award (Roya Afshar).
• Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Script and Best First Film Nominee.
• International Film Festival of India – Goa (Nov.2021, India).Debut Competition.
• Moscow International Film Festival (Aug.2022, Russia).
• Wales International Film Festival (Sep.2022, UK).
• Nominee – Best Foreign Language Film Award.